Friday, March 28, 2008

twentyseventh (UPDATED!!)

It has been awhile since ther has been any GOOD bloggings here, so I just might try. To put at least something here.

About the album (Amonpolis I):
The album is so called theme-album. All the songs are related to each others, at least from my perspective. There is a continuity in the line of the tonal space and the lyrics. I have tried, in finnish of course, to have a bunch of blurred images about a paraller reality and being an outsider from the community. I might have been also accessing it. You'll never know. But, if you understand finnish, feel free to make your own translations on to the songs. I'm not here to tell you how to deal with them. You may like them, or not. The songs might speak to you in whole different way that I ment (like I did have a meaning there, then!? ;), or then again, might not. Nobody has to even like or dislike the tunes,songs, låtar, whatever you will call them, suits me fine. The title of the album is the place in my imaginary science fiction universe. Somewhere in the future, near or far, doesn't matter, actually.
Anyway I feel that I have achieved to critisize the present world (in Finland) and the way people are treating each others and being treated by. At least partly. The songs are not stories, not even short ones, more or less they are observations and short captures of thoughts or visions of the time and place inside the observers mind.

About the band (Incredible Jens):
Actually, there is no band. The name is a good one (Thanks to Josefiina Råtta for that and for the Cover!), at least from my point of view. Mainly the production, mixing and recording is done by yours truly, except visiting Bass- and drumtracks. The Bass in 'Tanssii vartalon kanssa' is recorded and played by Kimmo Pekari, and in track 'Ulkona?!' the bass was recorded and played by Pekka Uuranne (from a finnish metal -band Kara). Most of the acoustic drum parts are recorded and played by Mika Hiironniemi (From a marvellous progressive rock -band Margin Of Safety). Mika also helped a LOT during the mixdown process by giving hints and suggestions (Lift the Vocals UP), as did the others as well. Tommi Hilli (former vocalist from Varasteleva Puutarhakääpiö and nowadays a present vocalist of Loppukevennys) did the vocal track in Tanssii vartalon kanssa. Veikko played drums four years ago for 'Ulkona?!', with my former band, murske. Mikko Ojala played drums, Jani Pulkki guitar and Heikki Ahonen bass on song 'kuravettä'.

So, all the rest is done by me, myself and the dude I call myself to be. Arrangements are mostly from my head, except the C-part and closing part of 'Posetiivi' which is more or less taken from the sessions with Varasteleva Puutarhakääpiö, so thanks to Lauri, Timo, Olli and Tommi for that one too. So all the complains should be addressed to yours truly. Or then the good points, too. If you can spot them out :D.


And, NOW, its's time to really start to get the next album lineup sorted out. Hopefully Stockholm is filled with open -minded anarchistic rockbottocks :D. I am anyway missing playing with people. The style of the forthcoming music is completely uncertain, and will remain it, until the lineup has been found. I have this idea about the music that it should be more than the sum of the minds that are connecting and doing it. And that the style and sound of the band will be found only through playing. But we'll see that one, too. I know the album is filled with more or less progressive and at least alternative music. The next one might be something completely different.

Feel free to contact.

BTW.
Am I the only one who gets a scitchofrenic feeling writing about Blog-posts in english for a band who's songs are in finnish?

No comments: