Thursday, March 13, 2008

twentyfirst

All you web-addicted persons in there and in here, the following link points to a source of an interesting idea. The addiction to web and new info we receive from there might be inside us all due to a built-in mechanism in human mind.

Portals - WSJ.com

The author claims that like cats are addicted to hunt for moving objects, e.g. laserspot from the laserpen, we are addicted to explore new things. And he might not be wrong. I find myself continuously more interested in new things than doing the same stuff every day. The more I actually use my brain or my body to get to attached to new experiences, the more I feel fresh and able to explore some more. And, with internet, some days are more addicted than the others. Keep on reading the RSS-feeds over and over again, check the email once every three minutes. Write a blog entry daily and wonder why there's no comments or even readers with them ;).

1 comment:

Antti said...

Eventually I even read the column you had linked to your writing, but even before that I was ready to comment...

Yes, the nature of the (human) mind has been studied even before the web or the net and in India they want to categorize everything and so there is a list of four characteristics of the human mind and one task or nature of the human mind is to expand itself.

If you want to expand your mind you can of course google with the Indian term for expansion 'vistara', but remember, it's an Indian term (like jungle, bungalow and bullshit) so you may get many hits that give no result...