Monday, March 3, 2008

twelfth

It was snowing this morning. Here in Stockholm, in the middle of winter, weird? For me, the weirdest thing about this winter is the thing that there is no snow constantly. The snow from this morning has almost melted away now. Yippee?
When I was younger, let's say something like 15 years younger than now, I lived in Helsinki (Capital of Finland) and still I can remember that winters back then used to be colder and there was snow in March almost to my hips. And when I was even younger , there was more snow constantly from the end of october until beginning of april.
Now I'm not sure about situation in Finland, but if I got it right there's not too much snow in the southern parts of Finland. In the north, if I got it right, there is snow, but the amount of it is much less than it used to be.
And the main thing of all this is, that will it make me a better person (compared to who? Why compare...) if I think about this sort of sad issues and still drive to work alone in my car. Being alone does not bother me (I'm a Finn ;) but polluting does. Even still:

Just think, don't act.

Is that enough for you? For me it certainly is not.

No comments: